Chapter Four: Breakfast
Oatmeal: Big Batch Technique : Stove Top
Oatmeal: Big Batch Technique: Crock pot
Cooking oatmeal in a crockpot:
- The main difference between quick cooking oats and steel cut is that steel cut are less processed, which means you will be cooking them longer. Quick cook have been processed and pre cooked, so they tend to be mushier.
- .Cooking oatmeal in a crockpot
- You must use the steel cut variety when you use a slow cooker
- Use a ratio of 4 cups liquid to 1 cup steel cut oats
and 2 cups milk.
- You can add in ¼ cup brown sugar if you want and some dried fruit.
- Set the cooker on low and let it cook overnight while you sleep, or at least 8 hours.
- You can refrigerate and reheat the leftover oats.
- Garnish with fruit or a little maple syrup and cinnamon in the morning.
Smoothie Tips: Chefs Take on Green Drinks PDF
Smoothie Technique: Video. Green versus Fruit
Granola: Tips on choosing best brands. Recipe for homemade?